Monday, April 11, 2011

Smoked Out


"Dude, I know its last minute, we need a poster, the gig's called Smokin' Billy's.  Got anything?"
                                                                                                                               - Andy Vegas

Oddly enough, when Andy called me with this proposition, I was thinking it had been a while since I last had a cigar.  I took it as a sign, took the job, and began wandering around the city in search of inspiration, and I found it on the corner of Elizabeth Street.  Waiting for the lights, with a half-eaten piece of Pepperoni Pizza in hand, I noticed a woman standing next to me, decked out in Dock Martins, a business suit, with a shaved head, except for the top, which was long and gelled straight up.  It was awesome, I couldn't take my eyes off it, up until the point where I noticed her noticing me staring at her hair, and the whole awkward vibe set in.  I set off again, stopping off at a Tattoo Studio, and passing a Goth shop that had a window full of black glossy mannequins wearing corsets and that was it.  I was inspired, and a few hours later, The Dive Bombers had their poster.  I might have that cigar now...

No comments:

Post a Comment